- Estimating Target Size
- Determining Range to Target
- Correcting for Bullet Drop
- Correcting for Wind Drift
- Correcting for Uphill/Downhill
- Correcting Correction to Mil (holdover)
- Correcting Correction to MOA (sight adjustment)
The Mil-Dot Master is an analog calculator designed along the principle of a slide rule, utilizing logarithmic and inverse logarithmic scales developed specifically for performing the following operations:
- Rapid and simple calculation of range to target, based on a measurement of the target with a mil-dot reticle, by aligning the estimated target size directly opposite the mil-dot measurement, and then reading the range at an index mark.
- Rapid and simple calculation of the amount of sight correction necessary to compensate for bullet drop and/or wind drift for a given range, enabling the shooter to determine either the equivalent telescopic sight adjustment (minute-of-angle, or MOA) or the equivalent hold-over (mils), by reading equivalents in both MOA and mils directly opposite the bullet drop/wind drift figure.
- Additionally, angle of fire for uphill or downhill shots can be accurately measured, and the up/down compensation can be closely calculated to reduce the errors such shots can induce.
The portion of the mil-dot reticle represented on the front of the Mil-Dot Master is for Target Size to be measured in Mils and Bullet Drop to be measured in MOA and Mils. And the scale on the back of the Mil-Dot Master is for conversion of inches to centimeters and centimeters to inches, along with measuring the angle of a shot.
There are no reviews yet for this product.
to Add Your Review